Stuff

Outgoing Stuff

Teaching Mobility

Within the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Program Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals, INC academic teaching staff may seek Erasmus+ funding for a teaching period at a partner institution abroad. The teaching must be carried out at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) that is a holder of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) with which INC has signed an inter-institutional agreement in a specific area of teaching.

Duration

 The minimum duration for an Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility is 2 working days (excluding travel time). INC can provide grant for a maximum of 5 days. A teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay). If the teaching activity is combined with a training activity during a single period abroad, the minimum number of hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay) is reduced to 4 hours.

Venue of the Activity

 Faculty must carry out their teaching mobility in any Programme Country apart from Cyprus. The receiving organisation must be a Programme Country HEI awarded with an ECHE.

The Erasmus+ Program Countries are the following:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey.

Eligible participants

 Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility may be carried out by all faculty at INC (full-time and part-time). Priority is given to applicants that have never participated in the Program.

Funding

Successful applicants are eligible to receive funds to support their visit, which may not cover all the actual expenses incurred.  Funding for participants can include support towards travel and subsistence costs. Grants will be allocated within the limits of budget availability. Participants will receive their regular salaries while away on Erasmus teaching.

The Grant will be given to all staff members in two installments; 80% before their departure, and the remaining 20% upon return and submission of all required documents to the Erasmus Office.

Application Procedure
  • Select a host institution from among INC’s Erasmus partner institutions (list available at Erasmus Office). If the institution you wish to teach at is not a current partner, please contact the Erasmus Coordinator to check if an inter-institutional agreement including teaching can be obtained.
  • Fill in the Application Form and prepare the teaching program: explain the objectives of the mobility, the added value of the mobility for both institutions and the expected results. The teaching program must be agreed on and signed by all parties before submission.
  • Obtain an Official Invitation Letterfrom the host institution and attach it to the Application package
  • Submit to Erasmus Office

All applications are examined by the Erasmus+ Selection Committee of INC.
Once selected for the mobility, applicants will have to complete the following:

Before Mobility:
  • Staff Mobility for Teaching Agreement and – Mobility Agreement
  • Grant Agreement
After Mobility:
  • Certificate of Attendance
  • Online EU Survey
  • Submit ticket and boarding passes
Training Mobility

Within the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals, opportunities are provided for staff of HEI to undertake a learning and/or professional experience abroad. Training mobility supports the professional development of higher education institution teaching and non-teaching staff.

Duration

The minimum duration for an Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility is 2 working days (excluding travel time). INC can provide grant for a maximum of 5 days.

Venue of the Activity

The staff mobility activity must be carried out in any Program Country apart from Cyprus and the country of residence if different. 

The Erasmus+ Program Countries are the following: <br> <br>
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey.

The receiving organisation must be:
  • a Program Country Higher Education Institution awarded with an ECHE or
  • any Program Country public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth: Such organisation can be:
    • a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
    • a public body at local, regional or national level;
    • a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
    • a research institute;
    • a foundation;
    • a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
  • a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
  • a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
  • a Programme country HEI awarded with an ECHE.

The following types of organizations are not eligible as host organizations:

Eligible participants

Erasmus+ Training mobility can be carried out by all faculty and administrative staff at INC. Priority is given to applicants that have never participated in the Program.

Eligible Activities Abroad

 Job shadowing/Observation, Staff Training Weeks, Seminars, Workshops, Courses, Practical training, Study visits. Conferences are excluded. You may check IMOTION PLATFORM for possible staff training opportunities. (http://staffmobility.eu/)

Funding

Successful applicants are eligible to receive funds to support their visit, which may not cover all the actual expenses incurred.  Funding for participants can include support towards travel and subsistence costs. Grants will be allocated within the limits of budget availability. Participants will receive their regular salaries while away on Erasmus training.

The Grant will be given to all staff members in two installments; 80% before their departure, and the remaining 20% upon return and submission of all required documents to the Erasmus Office.

Application Procedure
  • Select a host organization from one of the participating Program Countries.
  • Contact the organization and receive written permission for your mobility there; or organize your own mobility with one of the above mentioned organizations
  • Receive written permission from the Head of your Department
  • Complete and sign the Application Form – must be approved and signed by the relevant Head of your Department.
  • Submit to Erasmus Office

All applications are examined by the Erasmus+ Selection Committee of INC
Documents to be submitted by Staff:

Before Mobility:
  • Staff Mobility for Training – Mobility Agreement
  • Grant Agreement
After Mobility:
  • Certificate of Attendance
  • Complete the online – EU Survey
  • Air ticket and boarding passes

Erasmus+ Program Guide
(https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/sites/erasmusplus/files/files/resources/erasmus-plus-programme-guide_en.pdf),
illustrates the financial provisions applying for the Staff Mobility Scheme of the Program.